Attorneys | CPAs | Consultants
|Attorney|CPAs|Consultants||To print this page, please download the Attorney|CPAs|Consultants.pdf file located to the left. If you would like to print all of the pages of this website, find the link at the bottom of the page.|
ZENGEL & Associates offers an outstanding, proven track record of providing high-quality, commercial real estate appraisals and related valuation services to CPAs, law firms, and other consultants. Our valuation practice for professional consultants covers Estate Planning, Condemnation, Tax matters, Litigation Support and Expert Testimony, Arbitration & Mediation, and much more. Since 1982, we have successfully completed scores of projects for consultants throughout California. We welcome the opportunity to provide you and your clients with expert, market-wise valuation solutions.
Establishment of Trusts
Family Limited Partnerships
IRS and FTB Controversy
High Speed Rail Corridor Acquisitions
Right of Way Street and Easement Takings
Eminent Domain/Condemnation: Full and Partial
Disputed Lease Renewal and Rental Adjustment
Agent Fraud & Misrepresentation
Litigation Support & Expert Testimony
Initial Consultation (informal and formal)
Third Party Review
Formal Appraisal Reports
Consultation During Discovery
Deposition Preparation and Testimony
Pre-Trial Preparation (including valuation exhibits)
Board and Commission Testimony
And, when it comes to expert valuation, we offer substantial experience at deposition and trial. A. George Zengel, MAI of ZENGEL & Associates has submitted property valuations and successfully testified as an expert witness for over 40 years in numerous administrative actions and cases under the jurisdiction of both state and federal courts. We know what it takes to establish and defend a valuation under direct and cross examination - the right analysis, understandable and admissible technical methodology, and rock-solid research and supporting market data.
Other Valuation Needs
Arbitration & Mediation
Business Purchase & Sale
Environmental Contamination & Stigma
Market & Feasibility Analysis
• For various law firms valuations of commercial, industrial and agricultural properties have been completed or are pending due to proposed High Speed Rail Authority train alignments. Considerations of real property full taking, partial taking, cost to cure and severance damages to remainder properties have been appraiser estimated.
• For estate planning purposes, we valued nearly 90 California Gas Station/C-Store sites across 57 cities in the Central Valley, Northern California, the South, East and North SF Bay Areas, San Francisco/SF Peninsula, and the Central Coast, plus a Truck Travel Center.
• For estate planning purposes in a closely-held business, we valued the client's portfolio of six food production, warehousing, cold storage, and distribution facilities (with land) located in the SF Bay Area, Central and Southern California, and Nevada totaling over 350,000 square feet.
• For a Fresno law firm with a client in litigation with Caltrans over the 30% taking of its 350-unit apartment complex in Central California, we estimated the total value of the property taken, severance damages, plus loss of an easement.
• In an estate tax controversy in the Federal Tax Court over an estate with multiple service station and fuel distribution facilities in Northern California, the court accepted our valuation that was some $4 million less than that of the IRS' expert valuation.
Partial List of Professional Clients
• Alschuler Grossman, et al. (LA)
• Baker, Manock & Jensen (Fresno)
• Best Best & Krieger (Sacramento)
• Callister & Hendricks (Merced)
• Cassabon & Assoc. (Merced)
• Caswell, Bell & Hillison (Fresno)
• Charter Davis (Sacramento)
• Cooper, White and Cooper (SF)
• Dowling, Aaron (Fresno)
• Downey Brand (Sacramento)
• Farella Braun & Martel (SF)
• Gilmore, Magness, Liefer (Fresno)
• Goldsberry, Freeman et al. (Sacramento)
• Griswold La Salle (Hanford)
• Heberger Company (Fresno)
• Kronick, Moskovitz, Tiedemann & Girard (Sacramento)
• Lang, Richert & Patch (Fresno)
• Lozano Smith (Fresno)
• Motschiedler, Michaelides, Wishon, Brewer & Ryan (Fresno)
• Matteoni, O'Laughlin, & Hechtman (San Jose)
• McCallum & De Goede (Fresno)
• McCormick, Barstow (Fresno)
• Stammer, McKnight, et al. (Fresno)
• Wagner & Wagner (Fresno)
• Weintraub Genshlea and Sproul (Sacramento)
• Wild Carter Tipton (Fresno)